The YSI ProODO dissolved oxygen meter utitlizes ODO® technology, an optical-based sensor, to measure dissolved oxygen.
Optical-based sensors drift less than membrane covered sensors and are capable of holding their calibration for several months. In addition, ODO sensors require less maintenance as there are no membranes to change and no electrodes to polish.
ODO is a non-consumptive technology meaning oxygen is not consumed during the measurement. Therefore, no stirring is required for accurate measurements, resulting in accurate data collection every time.
The ProODO instrument meets the demands of true field work. The instrument is rated waterproof to IP-67 standards even without the battery cover on and the cable disconnected. Our rigorous instrument testing includes 1-meter drop tests from all angles to ensure field-durability. Other tough features include:
- 3-year instrument warranty and a 2-year cable and probe warranty
- Metal Military Spec (MS) connectors
- Rubber over-molded case
- Field tested cables
- Rugged, weighted probe guard
- Made in the USA
The instrument provides versatility with numerous benefits from the following features:
- 5,000 data-set memory
- Expanded DO range of 0-500% (0-50 mg/L)
- OBOD optical, self-stirring BOD probe for the lab
- One instrument for the lab and field
- Calibration password protection
- Backlit display and keypad
- Graphic display visible with polarized sunglasses
- Multiple languages (see specifications)
- 100 folders and site lists for logging data with user defined fields
0 to 200% air saturation ± 1% of the reading or ± 1% air saturation, whichever is greater; 200 to 500% air saturation ± 10% of the reading; 0 to 20 mg/L ± 0.1 mg/L or ± 1% of reading, whichever is greater; 20 to 50 mg/L ± 10% of the reading
Temperature ± 0.2°C
Barometer ± 1.5 mmHg from 0 to 50°C